From Rost Lab Open
Installing a package step by step
- If you do not have the file
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/rostlab.listplease execute this command:
sudo bash -c 'echo -e "deb http://rostlab.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free\ndeb-src http://rostlab.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rostlab.list'
- Please start the Synaptic Package Manager. On the GNOME panel click 'System' -> 'Administration' -> 'Synaptic Package Manager'
- Click 'Reload' and ignore the error message
- Click 'Search' and search for the text 'rostlab' in 'Description and Name'
- The search should find 'rostlab-debian-keyring'
- Click on the small rectangle in the 'S' column on the left of 'rostlab-debian-keyring' and choose 'Mark for Installation'
- Click 'Apply' and 'Apply' again on the window that appears
- Click 'Reload' again (*)
- Click 'Search' and search for the package you would like to install as above. We will use 'profphd' as an example.
- Click on the small rectangle of 'profphd' and choose 'Mark for Installation'
- Answer 'Mark' to the dialogue window 'Mark additional required changes?'
- Click 'Apply' and 'Apply' again - 'profphd' is now installed on your system
- If there is an error please get back to us. We are likely to be able to help you and your feedback helps us make these packages better. When you email us please include the output of 'uname -a' in your email and a detailed description of the problem you encountered.
man profin a terminal window. Look up the example section. Copy the example out and run it. You have successfully installed the package of your choice.
- In order to install other packages it is sufficient to open the Synaptic Package Manager again and pick up from the step marked with (*)
Add this to
deb http://rostlab.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free deb-src http://rostlab.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
Install the latest version of rostlab-debian-keyring package:
- use aptitude
- or -
KEY="rostlab-debian-keyring_1.0-2_all.deb" && wget "http://rostlab.org/debian/pool/main/$KEY" && dpkg -i "$KEY"
The above gives you:
You can install them manually if you like.
- Go to the Packages
Please help us make our packages better: report-a-bug!